Striving to instill discipline, teamwork, commitment and confidence
in our athletes.
Water Polo Club
American River Water Polo Club
Club Program's Director
Head Boy's 14U Coach
I love the sport of water polo and have so much to give back. Through water polo and sports I have learned many tough lessons. They have come from both successes and failures through sport that have in turn helped me in life. These lessons have helped guide and shape the person that I am today. I am forever thankful for those who have coached and supported me throughout my athletic career. I am grateful for the opportunity to now provide support to hundreds of athletes that come through our teams. It most often is the youth coaches that make the largest impact on an athlete's career, I am humbled to be part of the process for others.
- Raised on Bainbridge Island, WA.
- Attended college at San Diego State University; BA in Social Work and History, minor in Spanish.
- Moved to Sacramento in 2004 after marrying Rafael Ruano. Four sons, Mateo, Lucas, Nicolas and Andres.
- With the dedication of my coach, Steve Killpack, I was a member of the first women's water polo team in the state of Washington.
- Youth National/Junior National teams 1991-1996.
- San Diego State University 1994-1998.
- Senior National Water Polo Team 1996-2001.
- First alternate; 2000 Olympics in Sydney, Australia.
- Spent 10 years of my playing career as a goalie (1988-1998) before moving into the field as a defender (1998-2001).
- Volunteer Coach (2001) and Assistant Coach (2002) at San Diego State University.
- Assistant Coach US Youth National Team; 2001-2002.
- Assistant Coach US National Team; 2002-2004, through 2004 Olympics in Greece.
- 2007 San Diego State Hall of Fame inductee.
- Assistant Coach American River College; 2003-2012.
- Athlete Representative to the Board of Directors, USA Water Polo 2005-2009
- Administrator and coach at American River Water Polo Club; 2004-Present.
- American River Coach; 18U Girls 2004-2013 & 14U Boys 2013- Present.
- Rio Americano Women's Water Polo Coach, Fall 2014-Present
- Now, a mother of water polo players.